Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Obtain job assignment from foreman, oral or written, with drawings, parts list and other needed data.
- Study the job and/or drawings, determine materials and tools required, and plan methods or procedures to do the work with the lease adverse effect on production.
- Notify department foreman of work being done that would affect department operations or create hazards while the work is being done.
- Inspect completed job for proper operation; notify foreman or others concerned that work is completed.
- Install new piping systems, facilities and equipment required in construction of new buildings, presses, furnaces and any other installation.
- Inspect, maintain and repair any piping system and equipment in the plant and grounds, including steam, hydraulic, pneumatic, domestic and process water, fire protections, acid, caustic soda, natural and propane gas, heating, ventilation and sewage.
- Inspect and maintain equipment for forging presses such as die lubricating systems, relief valves, heat exchangers, smoke removal systems and quench dies.
- Check, clean, repair, rebuild and replace pilots, burners, tubes and regulators on furnaces.
- Unload, store, transfer and dispose of fluids such as acid, caustic and oil.
10. Inspect, maintain and operate variety of pumps used for heating, circulating fluids, process water, fire protection, etc.
11. Inspect and maintain vapor and sandblasting equipment.
12. Operate threading machines, hacksaws, bandsaws, drill presses, pipe benders and other machines required in pipefitting work.
13. Use precision instruments and testing equipment.
14. Serve as member of W-G Fire Department.
INITIATIVE AND JUDGEMENT
Requires considerable judgement in planning and performing work where only general methods have been established. Must be alert and able to react instantly in emergency situations such as power failure, fire, pump failures, etc. Often works with little supervision.
Frequent use of many first-class maintenance skills in using hand tools and precision measuring equipment, often working in tight and awkward positions. Good physical coordination required.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR MATERIALS OR PRODUCT
Some care required to avoid damage or loss of valves, pipe and other piping materials where value of loss before detection would be small.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR EQUIPMENT OR TOOLS
Care required in operating pipe machines and equipment, and in driving Clarktor to avoid damage where replacement or repair costs would be significant.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR PRODUCTION FLOW
Must exercise considerable care in performing duties to avoid downtime or non-productive time for a number of employees and related equipment. Careless or improper actions could result in costly idleness.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR SAFETY OF OTHERS
Must be attentive and careful in all construction and repair work, and transfers of acid and caustic to avoid causing injury, which could be temporarily disabling.
Heavy work required when doing construction work. Close visual attention required when repairing valves and working on furnace controls. Uses large, heavy tools. Often works in tight and awkward positions.
Constant exposure to unpleasant conditions of heat, dust and dirt. May work inside and outside, in flooded areas, in caustic and acid pits, on furnaces, on unit heaters, in press pits and other unpleasant areas.
Frequent exposure to temporarily disabling injuries and health hazards. Handles acids and caustic, works on piping and heating units in high, hard-to-reach and dangerous pieces. Works on pieces and in press pits, on and under furnaces. Works on high pressure lines and steam lines.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.