NDT/ NDE Level III
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Inspector Certification.
- Training and monitoring of new personnel for initial certification.
- Re-training of NDE personnel for continued certification. (Every five years).
- Maintaining of inspector certification records
- Training for new inspection methods / procedures / new version inspection software for automated inspection.
- Annual oversight inspection per inspector.
- Daily and Annual Audit per inspector
- Create new UT procedures per customer requirements.
- Interpret code requirements.
- Evaluate new job requirements against existing UT procedures.
- Periodic review of standard UT inspection procedures
- Annual review of OP procedures for update.
- Create inspection scan plans / inspection addendums for specific scanning requirements
- Review and evaluate dimensional deviations for possible supplementary scans.
- Assist inspectors on evaluation of indications.
- Perform proof-up exams of suspect indications
- Design and create supplementary inspection plans for deviated UT shapes (Hi Res scan plans).
- Interface with customer technical leads for best practice for specific issues.
- Perform internal audits on vendors Wyman Gordon utilizes for inspection services.
- Represent the company on customer audits concerning NDE actions.
- Certification as a NDT UT Level III Immersion Ultrasonic
- Equivalent 4 years of college or training in a technical discipline.
- Extensive knowledge and comprehension of customer specifications and the ability to interpret customer prints required
- Knowledge and ability to use internal and commercially available computer systems to obtain and issue information. Ability to use the Internet is required.
- Knowledge of standard shop practices and general processing sequences of immersion Ultrasonic of Metal Aerospace parts
- Knowledge of the manufacture of input raw materials
- AS9100D and UT NADCAP knowledge, preferred .
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to convey technical and conceptual material to individuals at all levels in customer organizations as well as within Wyman Gordon.
- Proficiency at multi-tasking.
- Detail oriented.
- Good math skills.
- Able to solve complex issues, mental concentration for sustained work periods, patience and leadership.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.