NDT/RTS Operator (Final Visual) - Mentor, OH
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
We have a long history of changing the world and meeting the needs of our customers which is highlighted by our ten-fold growth since 1998. A large multi-million dollar expansion project was completed in 2008 to enable the Mentor plant to meet customer demands. Due to this expansion the Mentor Operation now consists of two manufacturing locations, Mentor and Renaissance Parkway (Painesville).
As the world’s need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
- Perform visual inspection of all castings and determine the acceptability to specifications, repairing unacceptable parts to meet the customer specification when needed or classifies and holds rejected parts for review.
- Meet the specific requirements of the efficiency standard as established by Manufacturing.
- Record, on a daily basis, all work performed and the correct distribution of the work time by operational code and operating department.
- Keeps work area clean, following all safety rules.
- Perform other duties as designated by the supervisor.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that gets along with customers, clients, co-workers and supervisors.
A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, and may be substituted by experience.
Minimum of 1-year experience as an operator in a manufacturing environment. Previous casting experience is a plus.
- Ability to bring your best self every day to meet and exceed production and quality standards
- Ability to thrive in an environment where business and team needs may change to help "Make the Day"
- Shop Math: Understanding of basic math calculations
- Strong written and verbal communication
- U.S. Person’s Status is Required (Must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident)
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen and physical
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.