With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
PCC San Leandro specializes in air and vacuum investment cast components for aerospace, energy and commercial applications. With over 60,000 square feet of manufacturing space located in the east Bay Area of California, San Leandro’s renowned engineering services and superior capabilities have resulted in significant growth for the plant.
- Have a history of safety and safe operation.
- 5-10 years of Industrial project management.
- Proven track record of building and process installations.
- Ability to scope/budget projects.
- Ability to hit timelines and be on-budget.
- Ability to work with municipalities on obtaining permits.
- Understanding of investment casting process and ancillary equipment.
- Understanding of foundry’s and equipment.
- Understanding of industrial power, hydraulics, pneumatics, HVAC, Chilled water systems, pumping systems, conveyance tools, and robotics.
- Ability to work design tools.
- Solid understanding of PLC controllers (Siemens, Allen Bradley, etc.) and demonstrated ability to trouble-shoot and edit logic code.
- Ability to interface with offsite suppliers.
- Interface with IT department for integration of controls and software revision control.
- Analyze project requirements and perform technical calculations supporting design including electrical
- requirements, robotic safety standards, and motor controls.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Responsible for the specification and design of equipment and equipment support systems for the manufacturing facility.
- Direct installation & upkeep of equipment and processes in a 24/7 manufacturing environment.
- Documentation of systems and software changes and measuring the results of those changes.
- Interface smoothly with other departments/teams to develop joint plans for resolving parts problems.
- Work closely with and favorably represent PCC with customers and suppliers.
- Developing and adhering to, with any troubleshooting necessary, project timetables.
- Logical and analytic approach to problem solving.
- Travel as required to support projects.
- Requires a BS degree in engineering with at least 5-10 years industrial experience
- Broad knowledge of mechanical, industrial, materials science engineering along with investment casting technology.
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in engineering principles and disciplines
- Project management certificates a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.