Environmental Health & Safety Manager
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 13 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
• Develop, maintain, and promote a system of rules and procedures to prevent accidents, minimize risk and promote a safe workplace.
• Responsible for training employees in all aspects of safety compliance and behavior. This includes ensuring adequate training record retention.
• Perform and inspect facility for safety and environmental compliance and prepare external inspections, as required.
• Recommend and implement changes in procedures, as necessary, to comply with state, local and federal requirements. Advise management on EPA, DEP, and OSHA regulations. Keep site management aware of all current safety-related issues, both internal/external.
• Research, develop, and implement continuous improvement projects that remove safety and health risks to employees.
• Develop and coordinate a clear system to investigate all work-related accidents/injuries for root cause and develop/implement corrective action.
• Maintain all records required by law.
• Lead employee safety meetings and programs including safety council and department safety stand-downs.
• Maintain all written safety programs in accordance with OSHA Regulations.
• Coordinate all industrial health related employee testing and sampling.
• Develop and implement policies and procedures related to environmental compliance and safety to minimize risk.
• Prepare and submit local, state, and federal environmental reports. Prepare applications for permits.
• Establish procedures for proper disposal or recycling of all materials in the waste stream. Establish and manage a proactive waste minimization plan.
• Manage the disposal program of all hazardous substances at the site. Select appropriate vendors and maintain all manifest records in an organized manner for audits.
• Coordinate and manage site First Aid Responder Program for medical incidents and emergencies.
• Act in the capacity of Company liaison with local, state, and federal compliance agency officials.
• 5 years in related industry
• CSP preferred
• Ability to influence and drive the safety initiatives throughout the plant
• Strong communication skills and attention to detail
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.