With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Assist with the preparation and review of company financial statements and statistical reporting
- Oversees accounts payable, accounts receivable, and general accounting functions.
- Oversees Fixed Assets/Construction In Process activities
- Review, analyze, and approve reconciliation of GL accounts including payables, receivables, cash, pre-paid, fixed assets, and accrued liabilities
- Support and assist the budget generation process, inventory management & processes
- Prepare and analyze financial statements and internal reports daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annually. Provide summaries and recommendations to management regarding financial activities
- Assist with product cost development and cost savings calculations, creating budgets, forecasts and activity rates
- Develop a strong understanding of the Financial and ERP systems and the ability to data mine
- Review and improve daily processes and tasks to expedite and improve workflow
- Learn SOX Corporate requirements. Ensure company is supporting SOX compliance and assist in reporting.
- Be an active and informed participant in financial and ERP system implementations.
- Assist and support month-end, quarter-end, and year-end close activities
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. Finance/Accounting. Business Administration degrees acceptable with emphasis in Finance/Accounting
- CMA is a plus
- GAAP knowledge required
- 5-7 years of related manufacturing background
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with an emphasis on attention to detail balanced with a big picture focus.
- Ability to quickly understand concepts and think through possible solutions and implications.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities using strong organization and prioritization skills.
- High degree of integrity while working with confidential information discreetly and appropriately.
- Ability to read, understand, and interpret financial data with an understanding of GAAP and regulatory requirements as well as company policies, procedures and internal controls.
- Intermediate-Advanced computer skills including Excel, Powerpoint and Microsoft Projects
- Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge
- 2+ years of supervisory experience
- Extensive experiences with ERP systems, Oracle preferred
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.