With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Avibank Manufacturing, Inc., a PCC Company, apart of the Engineered Products Group, is among the world's leading manufacturers specializing in the design and production of sophisticated fasteners and multi-component fastening systems and devices, solving difficult engineering and critical performance problems.
We have integrated teams working together to respond to customers needs from conception to development to product integration. Avibank is dedicated to continuous process improvement within and outside the PCC Corporation. Avibank and the PCC organization build customer alliances upon the highest ethical standards.
Avibank is a major supplier to commercial airlines with Parts Manufacturer Approval (PMA) from the FAA. We supply products used in a variety of applications in a diverse range of industries including aircraft, aerospace, automotive, marine, communications, railway, computers, medical equipment, and many others.
Summary: Applies principles of accounting to analyze financial information and prepare financial reports. Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and records in such areas as receivables, department expenses, tax payments, and income. Compiles and analyzes financial information to record transactions, prepares reports, reviews and verifies accuracy. Prepares balance sheet and profit and loss statements, consolidated financial statements, and other accounting schedules and reports. May design, modify, install, and/or maintain accounting systems to ensure an adequate recognition of financial transactions. Responsible for the adherence to and communication of accounting and auditing policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- § Coordinate, implement, monitor and update plans, programs & targets on key business metrics such as variable cost/hr, productivity, cash flow, standard margins
- § Lead working capital management activities within the finance organization including accounts receivable, payables & inventory management
- § Lead Standard Margin meetings; Collaborate with Sales, Operations & Engineering managers to identify areas for improvement & continually drive focus on margin improvement initiatives
- § Act as a finance liason to support, analyze & evaluate capital expenditure needs for the organization
- § Support in developing budgets, quarterly estimates, departmental goals and objectives in partnership with the Director of Finance/Group Controller
- § Identify & implement process improvements including systems driven automation in Finance & other functions within the organization
- Works with other management to coordinate Facility & Division operations and activities
- Compiles composite reports from individual reports of subordinates required by management or government agencies.
- Participates in preparing and auditing materials requiring analyses of supporting documents and insures that all entries are entered into the system properly.
- § May perform special projects; Perform other duties as assigned
- § BA/BS Degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- § MBA/CPA Degree Preferred
- § 2+ years of related experience working in a large organization preferably 3+years in a consumer goods/manufacturing environment
- § Knowledge of economic and GAAP/accounting principles and practices, financial markets, and financial analysis and data reporting
- § Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation; corporate and human resource policies and benefits; leadership and teaming; and production methods
- § Excellent computer skills including a high degree of skill in Excel and PowerPoint; Exposure to MRP/ERP systems
- § Ability to build complex financial models & a strong acumen to leverage IS resources to drive automation
- § Consider costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one
- § Skill and ability to collect, organize, synthesize, and analyze data; summarize findings; and develop conclusions and recommendations from appropriate data sources
- § Able to establish and communicate clear priorities and to influence others to support and act on those priorities
- § Proven ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.