NDT X-Ray Technician Level II
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
PCC San Leandro specializes in air and vacuum investment cast components for aerospace, energy and commercial applications. With over 60,000 square feet of manufacturing space located in the east Bay Area of California, San Leandro’s renowned engineering services and superior capabilities have resulted in significant growth for the plant.
- Review paperwork, technique cards, and specifications to determine requirements prior to evaluation of radiographs.
- Determine which views are needed and ensure that the Level I provided all views required for the current operation.
- Review weld maps to ensure all welds have been radiographed.
- Check radiographs for proper sensitivity, density, and coverage.
- Interpret and evaluate radiographs to determine the quality of the casting and accept or route the part for repair.
- Distinguish between true discontinuities and the challenging indications that nickel-based super alloy castings present for image evaluation.
- Interpret and identify surface and subsurface discontinuities per customer specifications.
- Mark problem areas on parts needing repair; may request additional radiographs to verify or locate indications; route for repair and recommend necessary repairs.
- Ensure proper radiograph filing and storage is obtained.
- Perform equipment calibrations/checks as needed.
- Adhere to plant and department safety rules.
- Safely operate equipment and tools.
- Identify and report safety problems.
- Other duties as assigned by manager when needed.
- High school diploma or GED (necessary for NDT certification).
- Radiography Level I and II courses must be completed when requested.
- Digital Radiography (CR) course must be completed when requested.
- Certification must be achieved and maintained through various written and performance-based exams.
- Advanced radiographer skills as demonstrated by the competent performance of radiographer duties or equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division).
- Ability to read, follow, and interpret technique cards, quality manual procedures, and other technical specifications as needed.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to perform essential job functions such as lifting up to 20 pounds frequently and 35 pounds occasionally.
- Previous X-Ray experience in nickel-based castings preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.