Human Resources Manager
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Aerostructures is a vertically integrated Tier II supplier of build-to-print metallic and composite parts, kits, and assemblies to the global aerospace industry.
Our unique size, reach, experience, culture, and capability enable:
Management of large complex packages as Your One-Stop Integrator™ Mitigation of natural disaster and capacity risk through multi-site approvals, tooling, and capability Higher efficiencies and productivity Consistent quality and delivery excellence Significant and ongoing investment
We live by four business principles:
People Our people—skilled, experienced, and dedicated—are the foundation of our success. We are open and honest, working together to share and achieve our vision. Integrity We operate with integrity in everything we do. We keep our commitments, building trust with each other and our customers. Value Our value starts with quality products delivered on time at a fair price. We increase supply chain efficiency through integration and program management. By creating value for our customers, we return value for our shareholders. Customer Satisfaction Our customers' satisfaction is our ultimate metric of success. We strive to continuously raise our performance for them.
A DIVISION OF PCC AIRFRAME PRODUCTS PCC Aerostructures is one of three divisions under the PCC Airframe Products Segment and a lead integrator of the full airframe value stream.
PCC Airframe Products* is a leading developer and manufacturer of highly engineered fasteners/fastening systems, aerostructures, and engineered products.
PCC fasteners and related components are used on airframes, engines, wheels/brakes, landing gear assemblies, floor boards, and hydraulic systems, including critical joints such as wing-to-fuselage, engine-to-wing, airfoil-to-disc, and disc-to-shaft connections.
PCC aerostructures and engineered product applications include all wing/fuselage structural parts; engine lock-plates/bracketry; complete passenger/exit doors; major flap support and actuation structures; spars, skins, and bulkheads; swaged control rods, cables, and actuation and flight control assemblies; and complex latches, quick release BALL-LOK® pins, and specialized fasteners.
*PCC Airframe Products is one of three Shareholder Segments under Precision Castparts Corp.
FTI has spent the last 45+ years serving the aerospace industry. What started out as a simple wire forming company in a Seattle garage has become a major player in the aerospace community by providing innovative solutions for new aircraft production and aging aircraft refurbishment.
FTI officially entered the aerospace business in 1969, when it helped pioneer the hole cold expansion process. The cold expansion process originated with The Boeing Company who invented the basic cold expansion method. Within a year, Claire Harter of Industrial Designers (the precursor to FTI) invented and put into production the first machine to manufacture the split sleeve, which made the cold expansion process possible. Development continued, and Boeing subsequently granted FTI a license for sale and distribution of the tooling used in implementing the process.
• Provide guidance and interpretation of company policy to both employees and managers.
• Ensure legal compliance of state and federal regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required.
• Lead all company recruiting efforts and hiring of new employees. Responsible for development and execution of robust onboarding programs, assimilation, and training.
• Partner with department supervisors and managers to resolve employee relations issues. Lead investigations and recommend resolution.
• Manage and drive the performance process for all employees to ensure robust goals are set, managers are trained, employee performance is differentiated, and effective feedback is communicated.
• Work with the compensation team to develop pay-for-performance strategies.
• Own and drive the strategic Human Capital Program and aim for best-in-class succession planning, retention, engagement, and talent management.
• Manage workers’ compensation program and drive improvements in trends.
• Partner with Environmental Health and Safety to ensure OSHA Compliance.
• May occasionally perform special projects; Perform other duties as assigned.
• Master’s Degree preferred
• PHR or SPHR preferred
• 3+ years of manufacturing industry experience
• Detailed, accurate, and organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and move quickly between competing priorities.
• Demonstrated knowledge of federal and state employment laws and compliance practices.
• Knowledge of general areas of HR including benefit plans and offerings, performance management process, training and development programs, and compensation plans.
• Understanding of employee motivation, individual performance, abilities, and learning.
• Knowledge of management principles involved in strategic planning and forecasting including people, material, and equipment resource allocation.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.