Rework Grinder - Titanium
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
- Reviews x-ray/inspection paperwork, sketches and blueprints to determine grinding requirements.
- Removes surface and blind cavity defects from castings using rotary files, burrs, abrasives or belts to prepare castings for repair.
- Blends and reworks repaired areas to specified tolerances; may use hand-held sandblaster.
- Verifies dimensional compliance using micrometers, calipers, ultrasonic testing and similar types of dimensional inspection devices.
- Performs fluorescent penetrant inspection tests on parts to verify removal of surface and subsurface defects; applies penetrant, lets dry, washes off and inspects for defects.
- Completes logs and records.
- Provides work direction and training to other grinders as assigned.
- Adheres to plant and department safety rules.
- Safely operates all equipment and tools.
- Identifies and reports safety problems.
- May be required to handle hazardous waste.
- Performs other tasks as directed.
- Grinding skills and working knowledge of grinding tools, equipment, and materials OR an equivalent combination of classroom training and work experience.
- Basic ability to follow instructions, read, write, and perform arithmetic calculations.
- Ability to use and read dimensional tools including calipers, gauges and micrometers.
- Ability to read, interpret, and follow specifications on Tech Cards and Process Control Procedures.
- Ability to lift and/or maneuver objects weighing up to 35 lbs continuously
- Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperatures, extremes, awkward physical positions and other elements for extended periods of time.
This requisition is closed to applications.