With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Permaswage is the fluid fittings technology leader in the aerospace and defense industry, offering comprehensive solutions with technology development and manufacturing capability. All forgings, fittings, and tooling are made in-house to provide customers with the highest quality, service, and value.
The Permaswage USA campus serves as PCC's Fluid Fittings Headquarters including Airdrome Precision Components, Faber Enterprises, and Nelson Aerospace, allowing PCC to serve as a one stop shop for fluid fittings.
While each company maintains a separate cage code and customer approvals, they are integrated with respect to quality manuals and procedures, supply chain, and customer service.
- Master Planning, including Production Planning and Planning Process
- Creating a fully functional, refreshable build plan in coordination with the company Sales Plan.
- Responsible for Sale, Inventory, Operations and Planning (SIOP)
- Demand management and forecasting
- Supervise Buyers/Planners.
- Liaison between Purchasing and Customer Service Departments for scheduling raw material.
- Works closely with Estimating for the set-up of Bills of Materials and routers.
- Works closely with IT personnel to review and develop functionality in the manufacturing systems.
- Observes all safety and environmental procedures as outlined in Cardinal Rules and Quality System Requirements (QSR).
- BA/BS degree. Preferably in Supply Chain Management, Logistics.
- Minimum ten (10) years related professional experience with at least (5) years in a related master scheduling/planner/analyst position and/or equivalent supply chain experience.
- APICS certification preferred.
- Knowledge and experience with planning systems (ERP, MRP, etc.). Experience with JD Edwards preferred.
- Sound knowledge of supply chain processes and procedures including manufacturing planning, demand, and replenishment processes.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to reason and influence at all levels.
- Excellent communication and analytical skills.
- Computer skills: Planning systems understanding/experience; Microsoft Excel skills: intermediate to advanced user, Microsoft Office skills; PC skills.
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Heavy Manufacturing (Steel making, automotive or forging preferred)
- Familiarity with e-commerce.
- Familiarity with metal manufacturing processes.
- Theoretical and practical understanding of the Theory of Constraints.
- Ability to see the “big picture.”
- Ability to multi-task.
- This position requires use of information or access to production processes subject to national security controls under U.S. export control laws and regulations (including, but not limited to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the Export Administration Regulations (EAR)). To be qualified to work in this facility, a successful application must be a U.S. Person, as defined in those regulations, and able to supply evidence of that qualification prior to starting work. The U.S. export control regulations define a U.S. person as a U.S. Citizen, U.S. National, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. 'Green Card Holder'), and certain categories of Political Asylees and Refugees
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.