With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 13 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
• Prepare daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual reporting to local, division and corporate management.
• Provide financial analysis and reporting on results and trends of operations.
• Prepare reports and projections based on analysis.
• Provide financial models for forecasting and budgeting.
• Assist with product cost development and cost savings calculations.
• Assist with month end closing processes, maintain the general ledger, generate monthly journal entries and reconcile accounts.
• Oversee inventory control including physical counts, supervisor training and inventory movement.
• Manage inventory reserves working directly with operations to identify issues and reach resolution in a timely manner.
• Develop a strong understanding of the Financial and ERP systems and the ability to data mine.
• Establish and maintain effective communication and coordination with team members, coworkers, production staff and management.
• Review and improve daily processes and tasks to expedite and improve workflow.
• Perform job functions with minimal supervision
• Provide audit support through the generation of timely, accurate schedules and documents.
• Provide support to Finance clerical staff and assist in resolving issues that arise in these areas with minimal supervision.
• Create and maintain adequate and appropriate procedural documentation.
• Other duties and projects as assigned.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Advanced in Excel with intermediate skills in other Microsoft Office products.
• Team player with a proactive, positive attitude and a strong sense of self-motivation, accountability, and responsibility.
• Ability to quickly understand concepts and think through possible solutions and implications.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities using strong organization and prioritization skills.
• High degree of integrity while working with confidential information discreetly and appropriately.
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with an emphasis on attention to detail balanced with a big picture focus.
• Comprehensive knowledge of GAAP.
• Accounting experience in a manufacturing or industrial environment
• BA/S in Accounting or Finance
• Ability to rely on experience and judgment to work independently to prioritize and accomplish daily tasks.
• Ability to identify and research accounting issues independently and communicate conclusions effectively both verbally and in written form.
• Ability to read, understand, and interpret financial data with an understanding of GAAP and regulatory requirements as well as company policies, procedures and internal controls.
• Familiarity with manufacturing / processing environment preferred.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.