With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Avibank Manufacturing, a PCC Company, a part of the Engineered Products Group, is among the world's leading manufacturers specializing in the design and production of sophisticated fasteners and multi-component fastening systems and devices, solving difficult engineering and critical performance problems.
- Develops and implements strategic sales plans to accommodate corporate goals. Makes necessary changes to protect or improve company position in marketplace and with customers adapting necessary change strategies to meet or exceed goals including company market and/or profit positions.
- Strategically travels on an as needed basis to key customers to build and maintain visibility of company and individual status as a leader and results oriented achiever of meeting customer needs. Understands importance of personal contact with customers regarding maintaining or improving customer value proposition of image and relationship.
- Directs sales forecasting activities and sets performance goals accordingly.
- Reviews market analyses to determine customer proposal, price schedules, and discount rates.
- Directs staffing, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales program.
- Directs channel development activity and coordinates sales distribution by establishing sales territories, quotas, and goals.
- Engages with distributors to strategies market positions.
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate policy and assist dealers in promoting sales.
- Directs product simplification and standardization to eliminate unprofitable items from sales line.
- Represents company at trade association meetings to promote product.
- Delivers sales presentations to key customers in coordination with Engineering support
- Meets with key clients, assisting sales representative with maintaining relationships and negotiating and closing deals.
- Coordinates liaison between sales department and other sales related units.
- Analyzes and controls expenditures within the department to conform to the overall company budgetary targets.
- Responsible in managing contractual requirements and ensuring performance to achieve business objectives throughout the program lifecycle.
- Establishes and maintains regular interaction with customers, Site and Group team leaders
- Addresses critical issues on complex programs and works with the team to develop action plans to improve performance
- Serves as the primary point of contact to the program’s customer and is responsible for the negotiation of contract changes related to scope management.
- Prepares periodic sales report showing sales volume, potential sales, and areas of proposed client base expansion.
- Establishes priorities for research and development projects based on market and competitive analysis data and broad and detailed knowledge of markets and industries to which the company services and sells.
- Oversees the company’s competitive position and profitability. Monitors and evaluates the activities and products of the competition. Monitors expenditures and progress towards achievement of new product and existing product market and sales goals.
- Manages 3-5 subordinate supervisors who supervise a total of approximately twenty employees in the Sales and Marketing Department. Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of these units. Also directly supervises one non-supervisory employees. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Accountable for strategic objectives for customer value proposition including measurements, initiatives, outcomes, performance drivers, and its linkage/alignment with other functions of executive management team. Sets direction of organization regarding market, sales, and post sales activities to meet customer needs
- Bachelor Degree (B.A.) or equivalent; or four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sales and Marketing experience highly desired in Aerospace (Commercial and Military) markets.
- Experience in executing contract reviews on major programs and customers (LTA/NDA/LOP).
- Knowledge on NPI (new product implementation) is desired.
- Experience on creating weekly, monthly and quarterly sales matrix to the GM and management team
- Familiar with financial and business-related matrix (i.e. OTD/COQ).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.