Documentation Clerk (Part-Time)
The text input below will display to the candidate. Please pay attention to spelling/grammar.
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Attention to detail – to ensure that documents are correctly typed and scanned and are properly filed and maintained
- Scanning and digitization – document clerks should have the ability to scan and digitize a variety of documents and materials, including converting document types and assigning file names and numbers
- Time management skills – to work with individuals from many departments on a variety of tasks
- Typing and word processing – fast and accurate typing is vital, as document clerks prepare materials for both internal and client use according to company and external guidelines
- Document security – to follow best practices for document and file security for both paper and digital documents
- Communication skills – to communicate across departments, providing information and preparing documents
- Other duties as assigned
Document clerks work in office settings and should be comfortable using standard office equipment and software. They will also need to be familiar with scanning and database software.
Attention to detail
Strong time management skills
Very strong communication skills
High wherewithal for document security
Ability to type well and use word processing programs
- A high school diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).