Core Prep Operator - Deer Creek
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
To prepare complex soluble and ceramic cores for use in the wax molding process; cleans, modifies, inspects, kits and repairs soluble and ceramic cores in accordance with quality standards. Cleans and restores complex cores which may require use of dimensional tools for the wax molding process. Assist with the operation of the leach tank.
Cleaning: To complete cleaning and dimensional restoration as required on complex soluble and ceramic cores to conform to visual and dimensional specifications on technique cards and assist in the generation of those technique cards.
A. Removes and/or repairs all substandard surface irregularities to meet required surface tolerance requirements, using a variety of hand tools and materials.
B. Fills or patches negatives using molten soluble wax, paint wax, and other tools and materials.
C. Modifies soluble cores using various hand tools and wax materials.
D. Completes dimensional integrity restoration and plugging of holes per technique cards.
E. Adds wax gordy buttons and/or plastic chalets per technique cards.
F. Inspects work and reworks for compliance with quality standards.
Repairing: To fix damaged soluble cores in order to restore product to dimensionally acceptable condition.
A. Fills voids and reforms damaged contours by filling and shaping molten wax to its original contour.
Support Leach Tank: Support leach tank operations through sealing and preparing patterns for leach.
A. Removes all positive chill locators.
B. Fill all chill locator holes using extruded waxes, injected waxes, and molten wax.
C. Burns all chills locators using hot pencils and other tools.
D. Apply stickers where applicable based on technique card instructions.
E. Paint, seal, and scrape all chill locators using paint wax, eye dropper, scrapers, dental picks, and other tools.
F. May be required to assist in recharging tanks.
A. Must meet all production and quality standards per department standards.
B. Accurately record and document work performed.
C. Provide training and work direction to less experienced personnel as assigned.
D. Safely operate all equipment and tools.
E. Identifies and reports safety problems.
F. Must comply with all applicable safety requirements, policies and procedures while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment. Must participate in required training, medical monitoring, safety and health evaluations and programs.
G. Regular and predictable attendance.
H. Required overtime.
I. Performs other tasks as directed.
1. One plus year experience in aerospace, automotive, and plastic industries (preferred.)
2. Demonstrated ability to read, follow and interpret written instructions on technique cards, code sheets or other written instructions.
3. Demonstrated ability to perform basic mathematical calculations (addition and subtraction).
4. Six months to one year experience using simple to moderately complex measuring devices and fixtures.
5. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision.
7. Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
8. May be required to complete hazardous material handling and confined space training.
1. Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, temperature extremes and other elements for extended periods of time.
2. Ability to read, interpret, and follow specifications on Tech Cards.
3. Ability to work independently.
4. Physical ability to perform the essential job functions.
5. Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.