Maintenance Technician - Level 2
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership insure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
• Plan operational sequence and methods to use when repairing, assembling, installing and check testing machine tools
• Perform basic repairs in accordance with diagrams, sketches, operation manuals, and manufacturer's specifications, machinery and mechanical equipment, such as motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, using hand tools, power tools, and precision-measuring and testing instruments:
• Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
• Perform Preventive Maintenance (PM) according to schedule
• Disassemble, assemble and install machines and related hydraulic and pneumatic systems and controls such as for lathes, NC, tappers, presses, mills, grinders, etc.
• Check functionality of machines worked after repair, maintenance and installation
• Assist Maintenance Level 3 for Turret and Spindle alignment when needed
• Perform carpentry work on permanent structures, office partition, panels, floors, office doors and windows. Saw and finish to specification or requirements by using hand and power woodworking tools.
• Layout, cut and install various types, sizes and shapes of equipment.
• Perform basic electrical installation when equipment is moved from one area to another
• Lubricates and cleans parts
• Initiate purchase order for parts and machines
• Replace lights bulbs, and broken windows, fix toilets etc.
• Assist Maintenance Level 3 to install, repair, and maintain plant
• Perform good housekeeping practices
• Perform other duties as assigned
• 3-6 years of recent and relevant work experience
• High School diploma or GED is expected
• An introductory competence in shop math such as working with fractions and decimals
• A basic knowledge of inspection tools and their proper use
• A basic knowledge of hand tools
• A basic knowledge of part holding methods and procedures
• A basic knowledge of machine shop tools
• The ability to interact with computers and CNC controls at a basic level.
• The ability to interact and troubleshoot hydraulic and pneumatic systems
• The ability to read electrical and machine drawings and diagrams at basic level
• The ability to perform basic Preventive Maintenance (PM) for all NC, lathes, etc. following equipment checklists
• The ability to troubleshoot electrical systems and use electrical tools
• Knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions