With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
• Reads and follows shop traveler instructions.
• Operates manual and automatic grit blast equipment and handheld pneumatic and bench grinding tools and equipment.
• Selects appropriate tool to perform basic and routine exterior and interior surface finishing, scraping, deburring, to remove visual casting defects from the part.
• Performs "dig out" on selected castings according to NDT Department instructions.
• Selects and correctly mounts proper tool in burr gun. Also determines what will be removed by belt clean up.
• Manipulates tool or parts to remove unwanted metal. May perform simple dimensional inspections.
• Prepares the casting defect area for weld repair by grinding proper weld repair cavity.
• Exercise care in handling and operation to avoid surface damage, cracking or over stressing of parts and to obtain required finish, dimensional and inter-relational tolerances.
• Detect and report defective parts or unusual conditions to lead or supervisor.
• Perform job functions within training and ability as assigned by lead or supervisor to meet daily throughput goals.
• Follow all prescribed safety procedures and wear PPE as prescribed in Hazard Assessment Form for the job.
• Maintain work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition.
• Performs other tasks as directed.
• Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
• Ability to work independently and solve problems.
• Ability to work in difficult working conditions which may include exposure to noise, dust, chemicals, temperature extremes and other elements for extended periods of time.
• Requires the use of judgment to plan, perform, and make decisions within standard procedures.
• Requires eye hand visual and manual dexterity to operate manual grinding tools along with continuous mental or visual attention requiring alertness.
• Must be able to wear PPE for finishing and grinding.
This requisition is closed to applications.