Maintenance Supervisor - SSBO
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
Responsible for the planning, estimating, scheduling, and supervising of work in the maintenance department.
The position requires constant real-time review of all equipment and infrastructure to assure overall plant operations are maintained in the most cost effective way with safety always the first priority.
The Maintenance Supervisor will be expected to:
- Be an advocate for safety and champion of Lean and 6S across all areas of control while actively driving plant safety initiatives.
- Be responsible for managing the seven day, three shift maintenance service throughout the plant.
- Maintain contact with all other departments within the plant to increase awareness of maintenance needs while striving to limit downtime and reduce costs.
Primary duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Assure all equipment is operational and in top safety working order.
- Plans, estimates and schedules maintenance work. Organizes staffing resources and sets priorities based on daily work schedule, time distribution sheet, and maintenance work orders.
- Monitors work for timeliness, quality and completeness. Maintains records of hours worked.
- Proactively promotes, coordinates, and implements programs for the conservation of resources.
- Create and maintain all preventative maintenance programs for critical installations.
- Establish plant maintenance deliverables to drive results on Schedule 3.
- Fully trained Emergency Response Coordinator.
- Execute FM Global Fire Safety requirements.
- Responsible for managing, hiring, training, and developing staff.
- Responsible for adherence to company policies and procedures.
- Make recommendations on critical spares.
- Single point of contact for down time issue resolution.
- Knowledge of National Electrical Code requirements, LOTO, and OSHA Safety and Health Standards to manufacturing industries.
- REQUIRED: At least 4-6 years of maintenance experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Desired: Bachelors degree
- May be required to complete hazardous waste training upon hire.
Selected candidate will possess:
- Strong management, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Ability to lead people and get results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of hydraulics, pneumatics, electrical systems, plumbing, power transmission, robotics, microprocessors, steel fabrication and machine shop operations.
- Demonstrated cost control skills.
- Ability to demonstrate grit and persevere to achieve goals and objectives despite headwind.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.