With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
PCC San Leandro specializes in air and vacuum investment cast components for aerospace, energy and commercial applications. With over 60,000 square feet of manufacturing space, San Leandro’s renowned engineering services and superior capabilities have resulted in significant growth for the plant.
- Plans, develops, coordinates, and directs engineering projects or programs inside and outside the company, including, but not limited to, concurrent engineering.
- Works closely with customers, sales, planning and manufacturing to provide coordination on new product introduction and to support specific existing products.
- Plans, supervises, coordinates, and monitors the work of a staff and technicians; estimates manpower needs; and schedules and assigns work to meet completion date.
- Provides performance appraisals, salary administration, and project budgets. Responsible for group budgets.
- Supervision, coordination, and directions relate largely to overall objectives of the project or programs, meeting schedules, critical issues, new concepts, and policy matters. Consults with others concerning technical direction, unusual problems, and developments.
- The implementation of NAS 410 and the overall administration of the qualification and certification requirements for nondestructive testing personnel. This requires thorough knowledge of the written instructions, codes, specifications, and standards imposed by PCC’s customers, and of the materials, components, product technologies, methods and techniques used by PCC. This to include but not limited to, development of the procedure by which training, qualification and certification is in accordance with, Training outlines, process for determining prior training and experience hours.
- Managing audit of all areas, evaluations and compliance of all NDT processes of the plant.
- Develop, recommend, and conduct inspection training programs, methods, and sampling techniques that will assure economical and effective product appraisal to customer specification.
- Ensure the NDT facility is properly performing all NDT methods to all applicable customer, government, and industry specifications including, but not limited to: NADCAP AC7114, AC114/1, AC7114/4, AC7114/10, NAS 410, ASTM E1742, ASTM E1417
- Provide research, guidance, and facilitation between Engineering, Quality, Sales, and Manufacturing of the analysis and response to NDT inspection related customer complaints and returned product determining where the emphasis should be placed to prevent recurrence.
- Serve as the primary liaison with customers on items of inspection and visit customers and suppliers where necessary on specific inspection matters.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate the NDTE department to fully support planning, scheduling, auditing, evaluation, and manufacturing requirements.
- Be the final authority for, and shall arbitrate disputes concerning, the interpretation of NDT related specification requirements and/or the acceptability of nondestructive test results.
- Identify, research, and develop new NDT processes and procedures that promote improved inspection effectiveness and cost effectiveness.
- Accept (approve) documentation substantiating equivalent training and equivalent experience.
- Approve vision examiners prior to the administration of examinations.
- Approval of NDT method procedures.
- Performs root cause and corrective action when it is determined that an inspector missed an indication found by customer or other internal or external party.
- Must obtain Level 3 qualification from those customers that require it.
- Responsible for the supervision and leadership of all shipping and receiving personnel.
- Holding personnel accountable for performance.
- Achieving the goals of the daily shipping plan.
- Removing roadblocks associated with the shipping of product.
- Responsible for outside processing shipping and receiving in a timely manner.
- Ordering of all materials necessary to ship and receive product.
- Working with sales on issues associated with shipping product.
- Working with the Facility Compliance Officer (FCO) on any international shipments.
- Working with Engineering and Quality to work issues associated with shipping products.
- Regularly review finished goods in preparation for ship.
- Aggressively address issues that are preventing finished parts from shipping.
- Communicating with leadership.
- BS degree in NDT, Engineering, or equivalent, or four years’ experience in at least two applicable NDT methods plus four years’ experience as NDT Level III.
- ASNT Level III certification in all methods at facility
- Certified NDT Level III for Pratt & Whitney, Rolls Royce, Honeywell SCA, and any other required customer certifications.
- Superalloy Investment casting experience (5 to 10 year minimum).
- Manufacturing, accounting, mathematics and statistics or equivalent experience preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Requires that the incumbent be organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills or the ability to develop the skills required.
- Computer literate, particularly in spreadsheet; financial; inventory and production planning and tracking applications.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute and deliver results in conformance with action plans.
- Progressive experience including project responsibility requiring the direction of the efforts of multiple engineers.
- Demonstrated capability to work with customers and or other internal organization(s) developing part/process/activities in a concurrent team approach environment while holding responsibility for the outcome of the project.
- Individual will have contributed significantly to new or improved NDT methods and techniques. Has demonstrated ability to lead projects involving direction of other engineers and technicians.
- Must have a good track record in taking charge of a project and meeting profit, quality and delivery requirements.
- Must show capability to maintain, or create, and supervise a production personnel and technicians that are able to perform in a team environment while personal accountability and individual growth is encouraged.
- Demonstrates a fundamental knowledge of and ability to apply PCC budgeting process and financial management tools.
- Demonstrates a fundamental knowledge of and ability to understand and apply the PCC planning process.
- Demonstrates fundamental knowledge of and ability to apply the PCC manufacturing processes in area of responsibility.
- Demonstrates fundamental knowledge of and ability to apply “lean”, “TOC”, “interference management” and “NEI” processes in areas of responsibility.