Process Control Manager
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
- Support plant financial goals by controlling and continuously improving processes to reach Six Sigma levels of capability.
- Primary initiatives are to
- Develop and execute an annual Process Control Plan.
- Develop a 3 year vision and plan for Process Control Improvements.
- Identify and act on opportunities for innovative processing and technology improvements via technology benchmarking with other PCC facilities and open literature reviews.
- Lead and coordinate the Process Control Steering Committee.
Data-Based Decision Making
- Promote and train data based decision making techniques for all business and process areas. This includes internal NEI Green Belt Training and acting as Mentor for Black Belt Training projects.
- Guide and support Process Control Engineers in department specific process control plans.
- Work closely with Manufacturing to support existing production products, process changes, and defect reduction projects.
- Conduct regular Process Walks to identify and promote opportunities for continuous improvement and variability reduction.
- Lead Process Response Teams and develop technical solutions to complex problems.
- Drive Process Control requirements down to key Raw Material and Service suppliers.
- Facilitate design and creation of improved data systems that monitor, control, respond and report key process outputs and inputs.
- Act as internal and external consultant on the use of statistical techniques and problem solving.
- Support Plant, Division & Corporate initiatives in NEI/Six Sigma.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering or Materials Science, or B.S. in unrelated field with a proven record of process experience and sustained positive performance.
- Minimum 3 year experience in process control, process improvement.
- NEI/Six Sigma Master Black Belt or experienced Black Belt
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and work with limited supervision
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate diverse teams and achieve improvements
- Investment Casting, Ceramics or similar complex materials process experience
- Must be able to travel on occasion to support benchmarking and supplier activities
- Vision Certification (for First Inspection) applicant must have ability to certify