Supervisor Manufacturing- Night Shift
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Ensuring consistent quality standards and procedures up and down work chain.
- Drive production through a union workforce to meet all operation’s metrics.
- Identifying new opportunities to impact business and operations goals positively.
- Manage a union workforce and hold accountable to all WG quality, safety and production procedures.
- Performs additional tasks as required
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in Heavy Manufacturing (Steel making, automotive or forging preferred)
- Union shop experience preferred
- US Citizenship or Perm Residency is required due to government military contracts
- Ability to drive production in a fast-paced stressful environment.
- Rotating shift coverage required
- Ability to manage multiple, often changing, priorities
- Very strong inter-personal skills.
- Leadership ability.
- Results driven and action oriented; analytical skills are key.
- Ability to work night shifts of 10:00 PM-6:00 AM
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.