Quality Control Technician
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners and Engineered Products, which include the PCC Industrial & Distribution Group, consist of specialized manufacturing businesses that produce fasteners, precision components, systems, tooling, and engineered system solutions for a diverse group of end customers in the automotive, aerospace & defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets.
PCC Fasteners and Engineered Products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership insure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Greer Stop Nut has been recognized for more than 50 years as a premier supplier of internally threaded locking fasteners. Operating out of a 90,000 square foot facility in Nashville, Tennessee, the Greer Stop Nut® Locknut product portfolio consists of nylon insert hex, clinch, and spline nuts, plus a variety of all-metal nuts in standard and made-to-order configurations.
Greer Stop Nut® Locknuts meet MS, MIL, AN and NAS specifications and are available in a variety of finishes, platings, and materials. The nylon insert material resists most organic acids, oils, greases and common solvents and mineral acids. The toughness and resiliency of the nylon insert withstand the highly abrasive action caused by nicked threads in mating fasteners, thereby increasing reliability and reducing downtime from failed installations.
• Perform first part on startup. Evaluate product manufacturing.
• Review all certifications for incoming material received.
• Perform in-process inspection of product during manufacturing and final inspection with use of optical comparators, thread gages, height gauges, calipers, micrometers and profilometer. Reconcile final inspection documentation for shipments.
• Perform all other duties as assigned.
• High School Diploma or GED
• Some Engineering or technical training/background strongly preferred.
• Proficiency with general computer usage
• Familiarity with precision measurement tools (calipers, micrometers, etc.) preferred.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to keep accurate records.
• Detail oriented and quick learning ability.
• Ability to follow documented procedures and standards.
• Excellent time-management skills with the ability to work independently with little supervision.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.