Staff Engineer - Process Development - Huntington, WV
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The position of the Staff Process Development Engineer employs extensive technical knowledge and skills to improve or develop manufacturing processes used in the production of wrought superalloys products. They design and implement innovative approaches and technology to improve quality, product yield, process control, and/or enable the production of new alloys or products. The Staff Process Development Engineer provides technical support and leads key process development activities for the manufacturing operations across PCC Metals Group. The position also functions as the technical lead for the SMC R&D Pilot Plant which is critical to the success of process and product development initiatives.
- Process Development
- Identify new process development opportunities for manufacturing across PCC Metals Group
- Develop business justification to leverage or develop new process technologies
- Implement new concepts and/or technology to facilitate automation, process data collection, and/or process control
- Utilize computational methods to drive process optimization and development
- Work seamlessly with all technical and operational groups to streamline rapid integration of new technology and strategies
- Identify and lead high impact yield and quality improvement projects for the Division
- Provide technical expertise to operations across PCC Metals Group
- Write and publish technical papers and provide technical presentations
- Represent PCC on technical committees and industry organizations
- Represent PCC at trade shows and conferences
- R&D Pilot Plant
- Serve as the technical lead for the Technology Processing Center at SMC Huntington
- Demonstrate new process control, data collection, and automation technology at pilot scale
- Work closely with TIMET HTL pilot plant to provide world-class pilot scale services
Education and Experience
- MS or PhD in Mechanical Engineering or a related engineering/scientific discipline
- 1 - 3 years of experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of Controls and Automation Systems
- Excellent Programming Skills
- Knowledge of Computational Methods
- Knowledge of Statistics and certification in Six Sigma and/or Lean Manufacturing is a plus
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.