Cannon-Muskegon Engineer - Quality
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The role is responsible for the overall management of the quality assurance laboratories including planning, coordinating, maintaining, and continuous improvement of process control strategy for the laboratories. This role will assist with technical investigations and continuous improvement related to alloy chemistry.
- Work safely. Adhere to all Company and regulatory EH&S policies and procedures.
- Adhere to all Company 6-S initiatives and policies.
- Manage Technical Documentation System (CRMPs, Specs, etc.)
- Develop and implement process control system Analyze Process Control Trends, Investigate Unexpected Lab Results.
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert (SME) of LIMS, manage updates and enhancements
- Maintain LIMS - Spec Entry & Heat Templates.
- Provide input during specification review, ensuring alignment between customer requirements and internal capabilities.
- Develop and maintain a system for tracking lab equipment reliability – PM schedule, downtime investigations, etc.
- Ensure Adherence to Fixed Process Requirements including but not limited to: comparing customer specification to OEM specification, confirming revert ratios outlined in CRMP fixed practice, certification templates designed to include all required customer criteria, maintaining documents related to fixed process.
- Review Heat Sheets for completion of required testing.
- Lead and Implement continuous improvement & ZDP projects related to laboratory quality managements systems
- Issue heat certification and issue concession requests.
- Lead and facilitate root cause investigation for issues related to alloy chemistry.
- Lead and coordinate Lab Service requests and advise on testing plans based on customer request.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education or Experience:
Four-year degree in Chemistry, Engineering or equivalent required.
Minimum of 5 years quality engineer, quality management systems and metallurgical experience preferred
- Proficient in LIMS, GLOVIA, and other computer applications for assigned job duties.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Business acumen.
- Analytical thinking.
- Leadership skills.
- Customer orientation.
- Managerial skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Project management.
- Problem solving.
- Presentation skills.
- Decision making skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.