Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Under general supervision, the Maintenance Mechanic will perform skilled service, maintenance, and repair work on company equipment. Work requires a high degree of technical knowledge, as well as the ability to exercise independent judgment in determining repair methods. Work may include performing preventive maintenance tasks on equipment, troubleshooting hydraulic and electrical problems, and servicing heavy equipment. Assignments may increase in scope and responsibility as increased knowledge and work skill is attained. Performs other maintenance and facilities related work as required.
- Comply with PCC Code of Conduct Requirements.
- Ensure a safe, productive and rewarding working environment for all employees. Proactively identifies and mitigates hazards and uses the appropriate safety equipment and procedures in performing assigned tasks. Maintains housekeeping standards to PCC 6S requirements.
- Ensure proper operation of Company equipment by completing both predictive and preventive maintenance requirements; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; basic troubleshooting malfunctions on electrical, mechanical, hydraulic and pneumatic systems; advanced troubleshooting in an area of expertise is preferred.
- Remove defective parts by dismantling devices and installs and/or replaces with new or reconditioned repair parts. May require the use of hoists, cranes, hand and/or power tools.
- Control downtime by informing production workers of routine preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring compliance.
- Fabricate repair parts by using machine shop instrumentation and equipment.
- Maintain equipment, parts, and supplies inventories by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed equipment, parts, and supplies; placing and expediting orders; verifying receipt.
- Conserve maintenance resources by using equipment and supplies as needed to accomplish job results.
- Provide necessary information by answering questions and requests; collaborate with others to resolve equipment issues.
- Prepare maintenance reports and work records as required.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing technical publications; establishing personal networks.
- Maintain continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed and/or directed.
- Complete work records and reports according to the appropriate procedure.
- Communicate unsafe conditions or accidents in a timely manner
- Shares technical knowledge with team members and trains/develops others as directed.
- Participates in continuous improvement activities.
- Comply with all Federal, State and Local regulations; OSHA; AS9100 requirements; and all Company policies and procedures.
- Available to work over-time as required, including weekends.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment; mechanical, and electrical skills are preferred.
- Technical knowledge troubleshooting mechanical equipment, hydraulics, and pneumatics.
- A proven commitment to safety.
- Familiarity with parts and components of complex equipment and machinery, as well as the tools to repair.
- Demonstrated ability to read mechanical blueprints and use diagnostic equipment. Ability to read hydraulics and electrical schematics is preferred.
- Strong attention to detail; Ability to complete work assignments accurately and efficiently
- Effective problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Effective communications skills, both verbal and written, to convey ideas and processes
- Drive, determination, and a self-disciplined approach to achieving results; able to work independently without close supervision
- Sense of urgency and comfort working in a fast-paced environment with a variety of simultaneous projects
- Team Oriented/Cooperative
- Basic computer skills. MS Office, email, maintenance software, etc.
- Sufficient physical attributes to be able to perform the rigors of working in hot and cold locations, to work in a limited physical space as needed, and the ability to work at heights as needed.
- Ability to work 40+ hours per week, including weekends as required
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.