Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Aerostructures Auburn is a kitting, assembly, and integration center that was created in 1999 as Primus International with the merger of Bumstead Manufacturing, Inc. and Hansen Machine Corporation.
Precision Castparts Corp. acquired Primus International in August, 2011 and has since merged GCM North American Aerospace and Compass Aerospace Northwest with Auburn to create a vertical integration solutions center for medium assembly.
The site is a center of excellence for hard metal machining and door assembly.
Algona, WA 98001
- Responsible for all financial statements, internal and external audits, budgets, forecasts and strategic business plans, and must coordinate with Division and Corporate finance to achieve the goals and objectives of the business.
- Oversees daily operations of the Accounting department. Controls and monitors all company assets including inventory and fixed assets through cycle counting or other audit methodologies.
- Establishes or recommends to management major economic strategies, objectives and policies for the company. Acts to link/align the major business functions to profitability, growth and cash flow.
- Prepares timely and comprehensive reports including analysis of financial data, statements, and audits covering daily flex, weekly battle plan, and monthly and quarterly business reviews.
- Directs preparation of budgets, reviews budget proposals, and prepares necessary supporting documentation and justifications. Monitors approved budgets on a monthly basis, providing guidance and assistance where needed to management.
- Assists sales/marketing and manufacturing functions in matching financial capability of company assets and resources to the forecast for sales/shipments as well as analyzing margins and recommending actions to improve items not meeting overall objectives of company.
- Manages financial and SOX audits with internal and external auditors and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Acts as business unit Ethics Officer regarding compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements and oversees all internal controls.
- Assists management with negotiation and review of Long Term Agreements with customers.
- Serves as advisor to and strategic partner with the General Manager of the business, assisting in most decisions related to forecasts, key position hiring, new initiatives to exploit potential profit improvement opportunities, setting of plant policies and procedures, and other avenues in pursuit of operational excellence.
- Establish and implement short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures. Design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish the department's goals and objectives.
- Leverage strengths of the current Finance team members, help to clarify roles and responsibilities and develop and implement training programs in order to maximize and reach optimal individual and organizational goals.
- Responsible for the department’s staffing and performance management process; including development, coaching, discipline and termination actions.
- Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- BS or BA in Accounting or equivalent.
- GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley knowledge is required. Track record of improving internal controls highly valued.
- Exceptional analytical abilities and understanding of accounting and finance issues in a manufacturing environment.
- Ability to analyze financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and projections. Working knowledge of short and long-term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and profitability and variance analysis.
- A proactive, hands-on strategic thinker with solid problem-solving skills which allows for strategic data interpretation vs. simple reporting.
- Experience presenting to highest levels of management with confidence and precision.
- Solid, overall business acumen and a strong mindset for continuous improvement.
- Attention to detail and an attitude of 100% compliance with all company and regulatory requirements.
- Work requires verbal communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- High energy level; ability to work flexible hours.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.