Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
PCC San Leandro specializes in air and vacuum investment cast components for aerospace, energy and commercial applications. With over 60,000 square feet of manufacturing space located in the east Bay Area of California, San Leandro’s renowned engineering services and superior capabilities have resulted in significant growth for the plant.
- Manages the facilities maintenance team, consisting of 1-2 facilities engineers and up to 15 maintenance mechanics
- Responsible for troubleshooting and identifying root causes of equipment issues and ensuring timely and effective resolutions to equipment issues
- Responsible for directing and supervising maintenance activities to ensure departmental work flow and plant downtime is minimized
- Manages multiple capital projects simultaneously, each with a budget ranging from $5k to over $1M. Projects include:
- General construction and building modifications
- Manufacturing equipment installations and modifications
- HVAC and other facilities equipment installations and modifications
- Responsible for preparing RFQ’s and gathering quotes/bids from vendors and contractors to prepare capital appropriation requests
- Responsible for the specification and design of equipment and equipment support systems for the manufacturing facility
- Manage procurement of equipment for production needs and provides direction on installation of equipment and processes in the manufacturing environment
- Work directly with multiple teams to successfully achieve varied goals
- Work closely with and favorably represent PCC with customers and suppliers
- Logical and analytic approach to problem solving
- Job may require weekend work.
- A BS degree in an engineering discipline is desired with at least 5-10 years relevant experience, project management OR equivalent experience.
Broad knowledge of mechanical, electrical, industrial, materials science engineering along with investment casting technology
- Knowledge and demonstrated ability in engineering principles and disciplines; employed manufacturing processes; statistical analysis (data correlation); preparing equipment specifications; ability to define, plan, and complete major projects and ability to supervise/direct activities of professionals with diverse expertise.
Knowledge of foundry equipment, including vacuum systems, autoclave wax equipment, industry equipment, and robots a plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.