Systems Integrator / Controls Engineer
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
• Engineer, design and test electrical, instrumentation and automation systems associated with industrial manufacturing plants.
• PLC/HMI hardware/software design, programming, and troubleshooting.
• Develop and engineer electrical schematics and PLC logic.
• Design and implement process network infrastructure (Ethernet, Device Net, Control Net, etc.).
• Interface and communicate with vendors, process engineering, installation contractors and project management.
• Specify and procure controls hardware and field instrumentation.
• Database programming skills a plus. (SCADA, Apriso Dassault Systems, ERP Infor Syteline is a plus.)
• Compliance and enforcement of company, safety, environmental, governmental policies and regulations as they apply.
• Understand and assist in application of company safety procedures, Lock & Tag, and Arc Flash.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience with Industry 4.0, robotics, digital manufacturing, MS SQL, PowerBI, MES, IoT, and ERP Systems.
• 2 years of experience in the electrical & controls engineering field.
• Demonstrated Control Systems competency
• Well versed in Microsoft office programs.
• SQL Database knowledge preferred.
• Experience architecting and implementing data projects on Cloud.
• Thorough understanding of data and analytics services on Azure/AWS.
• Proven problem-solving capability required. Excellent communication skills required.
• Additional experience in Kepware, DELMIA, Apriso, Ortems, CATIA 3D Experience is desirable.
• Some travel required.
• Ability to design/enhance HMI applications.
• Knowledge of automation (PLC) and electrical system design, diagnosis and operation.
• Hours of operation and employee schedules vary based off each project and may require irregular or extended hour and travel for project completion.
• Able to communicate effectively with employees in a professional and friendly manner.
• Able to work independently as a productive member of a team.
• Will follow instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the function of the job under minimal supervision.
• Partner with Division IT to setup the greenfield operation in compliance with corporate IT policies, the IT internal control framework, and cybersecurity.
• Work with Industry 4.0 solution providers, equipment manufacturers, and the ERP vendor to design and implement the required systems integrations points and data flow to achieve best in class lights-out-manufacturing.
• Work with solution providers to develop, implement, and continuously improve, MES, SCADA, and KPI outputs.
• Help support Corporate and Division data governance and master data initiatives.
US Citizenship or Perm Residency is required due to government military contracts.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.