With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Fasteners offers comprehensive product lines that cover virtually every aerospace fastening application, we produce fasteners, precision components, tooling, and engineered system solutions for the automotive, defense, industrial machinery, and other performance-driven markets
PCC Fasteners products' manufacturing operations are spread over four continents, forming a network of industry-leading companies, which enables our customers to utilize our experience and deep product knowledge wherever they need it. Embedded in a culture of continuous improvement, our assets and industry leadership insure that we will consistently deliver our customers the best value in the markets we serve.
Cherry Aerospace is a global leader in the design and manufacture of multi-piece fastening systems for the aerospace industry. The Cherry® name is synonymous with aerospace rivets, and the CherryMax® line of rivets is the most widely-used in the industry.
The Cherry® brand dates back to 1940 when Cherry Rivet Company introduced easily-installed blind fasteners, which were quickly adopted as an aerospace industry standard. Operating out of a 286,000 square foot facility in Santa Ana, California, Cherry's full line of products includes blind rivets, blind bolts, rivet-less nut plates, shear pin fasteners, temporary fasteners, and installation tools.
All Cherry products are available from a large number of distributors, including locations in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, Czech Republic, Dubai, France, Germany, Italy, Japan, Mexico, Poland, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Switzerland, and the United Kingdom.
In 2016, SPS Technologies Santa Ana began the consolidation into Cherry Aerospace. SPS Technologies, Santa Ana specializes in the development and manufacture of fastener assemblies including nut plates, channel nuts, panel fasteners, studs and inserts, and self-retaining bolts for commercial and military applications. The consolidation combines the synergy of two fastener organizations to create a best-in-class facility.
Responsible for directing and overseeing all functions of the organization associated with facility engineering. Evaluates bids and proposals, sets budgetary constraints, reviews the qualifications of contractors and assesses the needs for new systems and equipment. Responsible for developing and maintaining the Facility and Production Equipment Preventative Maintenance Program. Maintains and reports on Energy and Maintenance Pipelines.
1. Generates specifications for various facility and equipment projects.
2. Plans and schedules physical facilities renovation layout and cost.
3. Originates funding approval documents for various facility renovation/modification projects.
4. Coordinates changes to the capital budget.
5. Writes capital appropriation requests as required.
6. Tracks capital expenditures (both material and labor) for all CAR projects.
7. Creates and maintains facility drawings.
8. Analyzes the potential impact of new technology on plant business processes and determines whether they would benefit the operation; makes recommendations to immediate supervisor and senior staff.
9. Provides support to production operations by identifying constraints related to equipment or facilities and providing appropriate alternatives.
10. Monitors machine downtime and preventative maintenance status; taking appropriate corrective action and reporting status as required.
11. Monitors energy consumption; taking appropriate corrective action and reporting status as required.
12. Ensures all work performed by direct employees and contractors meets all regulatory agency requirements (e.g. OSHA, EPA, Cal-OSHA, etc.).
13. Determines department staffing needs; recruiting and hiring as appropriate.
14. Actively coaches, develops, monitors, evaluates, and continually improves the performance and competency of all team members from an individual and team perspective.
15. Complies with all environmental safe practices and regulations. Reads all MSDS’ and possesses thorough knowledge of all oil and chemical labeling and storage requirements. Conducts or assigns the responsibility for performing the EH&S self-inspection, 6S audit and safety huddles.
16. Complies with and supports the PCC Code of Conduct.
17. Develops quotation requests for equipment, services and supplies as required.
18. Contacts vendors and contractors to acquire equipment, services and supplies.
19. Serves as an active member of the 6S Steering Committee and Central Safety Committee.
20. Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
Bachelor's Degree - Engineering degree preferred
5+ years related experience
Effective written and verbal communication skills
Intermediate use of MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.