With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
ncotec is a state-of-the-art coatings company committed to providing the highest quality product and service solutions for your specific application needs. Using dri-film lubricants, aluminum and other unique fastener coatings as well as high temperature corrosion protection and barrier coatings, Incotec specializes in providing metal treatments for critical components in the aerospace, fastening and transportation industries. At Incotec, our goal is to make the components that makes flying and driving possible and safer, while putting an emphasis on producing environmentally friendly products. Incotec is part of the Airframe Product Segment of Precision Castparts Corp, a world leader in structural investment castings, forged components, and airfoil castings for aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines.
- Knowledge in coating formulations and ability to troubleshoot problems with coatings during fabrication, application, and curing. Knowledge and experience in chemical analysis and process. Hands-on laboratory and computer skills are essential.
- R&D Manager is in charge of all the scientific aspects of a research project.
- Responsible for developing new or improved production coating formulations, processes, design of experiments, customer interactions, supervising staff members, technical reporting, and presentations.
- Responsible for coordination with members of other departments of the organization to make sure that the project meets the strategic and business goals of the organization.
- Develop and manage personnel and programs in the compounding department.
- As part of R&D team, R&D Manager also provides support to Production and QA for evaluation of rejections or failures of processed items; response to customer inquiries or complaints; providing engineering dispositions & directions for the processing of non-conforming materials or parts experience in the mixing, application, and curing of organic coatings.
- BS/MS in physical/life sciences with 5 or more years of relevant experience.
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to collaborate with all levels of management
- Able to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Strong Project Management skills. Ability to prioritize tasks and stay organized
Proficient in Microsoft Suite of products to include Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.