Senior Cost Analyst
The Special Metals Corporation group of companies was created in the latter part of 1998 when Special Metals Corporation of New Hartford, New York, acquired Inco Alloys International, including its Huntington Alloys and Wiggin Alloys divisions. In 2006, Special Metals Corporation became a part of Precision Castparts Corp., a worldwide manufacturer of complex metal components and products. With a history of alloy technology now going back some 100 years, our company continues to provide solutions to difficult materials problems through such time-tested products as our world-recognized INCONEL, INCOLOY, NIMONIC, UDIMET, MONEL and NILO alloys.
Today's Special Metals is a world leader in the invention, production and supply of the high-nickel, high-performance alloys used for the difficult jobs in engineering. These alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high-temperature corrosion resistance, toughness and strength and are used in the world's most technically demanding industries and applications. Special Metals offers the largest range of nickel alloys and product forms, as well cobalt alloys, to more than ten worldwide markets. We produce nickel alloys in all standard mill forms, from large ingots and billets to plate, sheet, strip, tubing, bar and wire, the latter of which includes core and filler wires for welding products. The company has manufacturing and research facilities in the USA and Europe, sales offices in North America, Europe and Asia, and a distribution network including most of the industrialized countries of the world.
Special Metals Corporation is the world's premier inventor, developer and producer of nickel alloy and cobalt alloys—with a portfolio of more than 100 alloy compositions, wrought products and welding consumables, over 80 percent of which were invented in our own laboratories. All created to help redefine what's possible in the world of energy and industry.
Our time-tested nickel alloys are highly engineered to offer a superior combination of heat resistance, high temperature and corrosion resistance, toughness and strength for the most demanding applications. No other single manufacturer offers such a comprehensive range of game-changing alloy compositions and product forms.
Special Metals Corporation (HBE) biggest plant is located in Huntington, WV, United States and is part of the Steel Service Centers & Other Metal Wholesalers Industry. Special Metals Corporation (HBE) has 750 total employees across all of its locations.
This position is for a senior accounting professional that will use critical thinking and communication skills to apply accounting theory and knowledge. This position will apply skills to specific areas such as cost accounting, manufacturing analysis, account reconciliations, and accounting policy compliance for Special Metals Corporation.
• Management/Operations Support, not limited to:
o Gross Margin Reporting and Analysis.
o Tracking, Forecasting, and Analyzing Variances in Variable Cost.
o Analyzing and reporting P&L variances.
o Other complex analysis as required.
• Process Improvement:
o Analyze current processes and develop plans to simplify workflows.
o Improve forecast / budget accuracy.
• Prepare monthly and quarterly Excess and Obsolete, Variance Capitalization, and LCM calculations/analysis.
• Prepare and enter month-end journal entries, such as accruals and regularly recurring monthly entries.
• Reconcile monthly inventory and cost of sales GL accounts.
• Assist in Physical Inventory.
• Light weekend work and travel as required.
• BA/BS Degree in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in Accounting. CPA/MBA preferred.
• 5-7 years of Accounting/Finance experience
• Knowledge of Statutory accounting principles.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic environment within tight deadlines.
• Excellent team player with a flexible and open attitude.
• Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Self-starter with the ability to reason and solve complex problems with minimal supervision.
• Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Office, especially proficient in Excel.
• Oracle ERP, SAS, or SQL experience a bonus.
• Ability to work with all levels of the organization.
• Willingness to spend time in the manufacturing environment learning processes.
• Maturity, professionalism, and high level of discretion, required.
• Independent worker and analytical thinker with ability to conduct research, data analysis and resolve complex problems.
• Attention to detail and accuracy
• Communication skills
• Analytic skills
• Job knowledge
• Strategic Thinking
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.