Visual Dimensional Inspector - Titanium
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high quality castings, even at significant volumes. PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
- Identify surface defects in parts by:
- Assure dimensional integrity by:
- Works with engineering to establish and evaluate inspection techniques and identify and resolve problems of non-conformance to specifications.
- Enters weld mapping and dimensional data into computer systems for use by engineering and SPC charting.
- Prepares reports and information on quality issues as needed.
High school diploma or GED highly preferred.
1- 3 years of prior visual and dimensional inspection experience within the manufacturing industry, preferably in aerospace.
- Ability to complete the Visual Dimension certification requirements.
- Able to read and comprehend English.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole and decimal numbers up to 4 decimal places.
- Able to lift and carry up to 25 lbs. unaided regularly.
- Able to communicate effectively with co-workers.
- Able to read, write and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. (Techniques, routers, weld maps, log sheets.)
- Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Near vision requirements are Jaeger J1 in one eye, at no less than 12 inches; or equivalent, or Jaeger J2 in one eye, at no less than 16 inches.
- Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures, including company’s attendance policy.
- Able to meet individual productivity requirements and work in a production environment.
- Able to meet internal quality requirements.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.