Operations Area Manager - SSBO
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
PCC Structurals is the world leader in superalloy, aluminum and titanium investment casting. With applications in jet aircraft engines, airframes, industrial gas turbine (IGT) engines, military armaments, medical prosthesis, and many other industrial markets, we provide a wide portfolio of high-quality components, some as large as 100 inches (250cm).
As the original business unit for Precision Castparts, you can count on PCC Structurals’ extensive experience and knowledge to consistently provide high-quality castings, even at significant volumes.
PCC Structurals also provides solidification modeling, in-house rapid prototyping (including SLA), digital radiography, hot isostatic pressing, precision machining and protective coating services. We operate 11 manufacturing facilities in the United States and Europe.
Responsible for the overall leadership and delivery of results from multiple areas and manufacturing processes.
The Operations Area Manager will be expected to:
- Be an advocate for safety and champion of Lean and 6S across all areas of control while actively driving plant safety iniatives.
- Be responsible for managing the activities of assigned manufacturing areas while following and improving established procedures and approved processes.
- Be responsible for satisfying all quality requirements, strictly adhering to PCC’s Cardinal Rules of Quality.
- Manage multiple shifts and/or departments and cover weekend rotations.
- Manage production functions by delegation to Production Supervisors and/or shift/department leads.
- Be responsible for meeting all cost and operational metrics.
Primary duties and responsibilities will include but are not limited to the following:
- Responsible for the safe manufacture of products, safety in the areas of responsibility, and maintaining a safe, injury free work environment. Ensures compliance with legal requirements and company safety policies.
- Ensures that all employees work in a safe manner and that each employee is properly trained in all safety procedures. Ensures that good housekeeping practices are consistently followed.
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development. Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Responsible for adherence to process control procedures, operating instructions, and all quality control instructions.
- Plans, organizes and supervises operations in accordance with production schedules and requirements in the most cost effective manner. Maintains awareness of policies and procedures and assures compliance by assigned employees.
- Manages performance measures in area of responsibility.
- Ensures that thru-put and target earned hours are attained and budget criteria is met or exceeded.
- Works with employees to effectively resolve work place issues, gives necessary feedback on employee performance. Conducts formal performance appraisals and recommends/approves pay increases, transfers, promotions, discipline and terminations in accordance with company policies and procedures and state and federal laws.
- Interviews and hires (recommends for hire) employees.
- Is responsible for training and developing subordinate supervisory staff to safely and effective manage assigned production operations.
- Develops, trains, and involves employees in maintaining and improving departmental safety, efficiency, productivity, quality, cooperation and morale.
- Maintains adequate staffing to meet required production schedules.
- As appropriate, submits capital equipment requests with cost qualifications.
- REQUIRED: At least 5-7 years of progressive manufacturing leadership experience.
- Desired: Bachelors degree in Engeering or equivalent
Selected candidate will possess:
- Strong management, interpersonal, negotiation and communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Ability to lead people and get results through others, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, execute and deliver results in conformance with action plans.
- Ability to demonstrate grit and perservere to achieve goals and objectives despite headwind.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Full Relocation is authorized for this position.
This requisition is closed to applications.