Senior Tax Analyst
With more than 150 operations and about 22,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
- Prepare federal, state and local income tax returns, including U.S. tax return reporting for international operations, and related workpapers and other supporting documentation
- Assist with accounting for income taxes, including preparing journal entries and maintaining deferred tax detailed schedules and tax account reconciliations
- Assist with tax compliance and financial software implementations and upgrades to improve tax processes and efficiencies
- Conduct tax research, and prepare memorandums and models to support filing positions
- Assist with federal, state and local income tax audits
- Assist with maintenance of book and tax fixed asset system
- Work on special projects as requested
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance; CPA and/or Master of Taxation preferred
- Four to six years tax compliance experience in federal, state and/or international areas
- Strong understanding of accounting principles and financial statements, with basic understanding of accounting for income taxes
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and tax return preparation software; prefer experience using Sharepoint and Microsoft Access to create cloud computing workflow applications and desktop databases, and experience with data analytics software such as Alteryx to pull information from various financial software packages like Oracle to prepare, blend and analyze data in a repeatable workflow
- A high level of motivation and initiative, and a team approach
- Strong math and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail as accuracy of work is critical
- Ability to research and problem solve
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
This requisition is closed to applications.