With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
Wyman-Gordon: Wyman-Gordon is a worldwide supplier to the aerospace and industrial gas turbine markets. We hold quality accreditations for all the major airframe and engine manufacturers for both civil and military applications. Wyman-Gordon creates rotating closed-die forgings which are critical for aerospace and land-based gas turbines. Wyman-Gordon also manufactures structural forgings for airframe, nuclear, petrochemical, power generation, and space applications.
Located in Ontario, CA, Summit Machine specializes in the rough and finish machining of super alloys for the aerospace, commercial, defense, power, and petroleum industries. Complex components include nickel base, titanium, stainless steel, aluminum and carbon steels with parts ranging in size from 2” OD – 120” OD.
Under close supervision, the paid Co-Op/Intern assists managers and/or staff in completing various projects and tasks related to the operational functions. Projects may include quality improvement, facilities, capacity planning and process redesign, purchasing, production planning, data analysis, capital appropriate requests, project management, and/or equipment standardization.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Assist Manufacturing Engineers in various activities such as creation of CAD models, assemblies, drawings, design of fixtures and tooling, and manufacture of tooling.
• Update cycle times and operation processes using internal software accordingly (schedule accuracy improvement
• Setup cycle time reduction projects, e.g., ball-lock & manual chucks, etc.
• Support engineering and quality departments with geo-verification, scan review, folder creation, folder buy-off, router creation, and other daily tasks as necessary.
• Ability to perform basic math functions
• Good verbal communication skills
• Data entry using MS Office, QAD, or other software systems
• Analyze statistical data
• Perform other duties as assigned
Experience & Education
• No experience required, however must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program from an accredited institution.
• Must have completed a minimum of 20 credits with an average GPA of 3.0 or better.
• Preferred Major - Mechanical Engineering or similar related field of study.
• Prefer candidates willing to work while also attending classes. Work schedules will flex based on school schedules.
This requisition is closed to applications.