Help Desk Supervisor
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
The successful candidate will provide advanced technical support for end users and provide both operational and administrative leadership for the user support team. Additionally, provides exceptional customer service for all customers and leads both planning and execution for regional projects including device and software rollouts, technology upgrades and improvements, and manufacturing automation initiatives. Assists senior management with planning, documentation, and operational reports. Oversees local help desk technicians and actively manages ticket queues and incident resolution. Works closely with Cyber Security, Applications and Infrastructure teams.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
• Work as a member of Division IT in Houston, TX at our Wyman manufacturing plant.
• Document application requirements, technical specifications, use-cases, and workflow processes.
• Support and implement Corporate and Division data governance and master data initiatives.
• Ensure or enforce company compliance, safety, environmental, governmental policies and regulations as applicable.
• Mentor and train junior techs on PC support and troubleshooting.
• Handle technical escalations from Help Desk and other techs.
• Work closely with other division and corporate technical teams including security, networking, Infrastructure, and application teams, to identify and troubleshoot complex technical issues, to implement changes and to assure successful user adoption.
• Provides specialized onsite and remote support for emergency activations and special events, and other work as assigned.
• Participates in or leads projects including imaging and deploying endpoints (computers, tablets, laptops, smart phones), as well as shop floor IT systems implementation, testing new endpoints, documentation, etc.
• Install, modify, and repair computer hardware and software.
• Diagnose and troubleshoot business solutions.
• Provide services related to and troubleshoot hardware, software and phone problems.
• Document all support interactions in the service desk application.
• Monitor open Help Desk ticket requests, dispatches, and follows up with escalated IT personnel to ensure they are addressed in a timely manner.
• Assist in end user training as needed.
• Manage other IT employees in support of problem resolution or product implementation.
• Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues.
• Pick-up, deploying and maintenance of hardware sometimes up to 50lbs
• Active Directory management
• Mobile Device Management
• Windows Server administration
Other Desirable Skills:
• Workstation and server patching and deployments via SCCM
• Solid technical writing and documentation skills
• Familiarity with ITIL best practices
• SQL database administration
• Familiarity with SOX and other compliance programs
• Strong familiarity, coursework or certification in cyber security
• Understanding of routing and switching fundamentals
• Experience supporting customers in multiple locations, both physically and virtually
Experience & Education
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or related studies (or equivalent real world experience).
• Minimum 3 years IT helpdesk experience.
• Preferred 2-5 years’ experience working in a manufacturing environment, preferably aerospace.
• Intermittent exposure to indoor manufacturing environment
• Intermittent exposure to moderate noise
• Exposure to hazardous chemical environment
• Working conditions may include small spaces, dust, fumes, odors, hot / cold temperatures, inside / outside noise vibration.
• Must be able to support a 24/7 operation.
• Some travel may be required.
• Must be able to lift and carry items weighing up to fifty (50) pounds on an infrequent basis.
• Must be able to work around forklifts and hazardous machinery.
• Must be able to wear all required Personal Protective Equipment.
This requisition is closed to applications.