Investing Scheduling Area Leader [INTERNAL ONLY] - SSBO (Portland, OR)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
To schedule work flow, product and processes over multiple work centers. To assist with throughput, staffing, scheduled and non-schedule overtime, cross training ,budgeting and employee issue. To provide information for line-walks when necessary.
- Responsible for researching and justifying ways to improve productivity.
- Responsible for prioritizing the work and shift setup which
includes scheduling OT and vacation scheduling.
- Assist in the daily projections of required staffing and manning projections.
- Responsible for reviewing quality and rework issues.
- Assist with budget and stand-up meeting presentations.
- Responsible for the management of the work flows in and out
of department and to provide feedback to supervisor.
- Notify appropriate departments of tech card and router
changes and the identification of the Key Control Characteristics.
- Responsible for inventory control by updating system and
daily status reports.
- Coordinates long and short term customer requirements with
- Assists with strategies to forecast and attain ESH
- Assists in coordination and control of manufacturing supply inventories.
- Interfaces with customers, engineering, and other departments
to give process walks and presentations.
- Regular and predicable attendance
- Required Overtime
- Any other job duties that the supervisor may request.
- May be required in one or more of the following:
- IIIbSa Welding.
- Penetrant Inspection Level II.
- Visual/Dimensional Inspection.
- Radiographer Level II.
- OpCert/OpQual Grinding
- Rework Analyst.
- First Inspection
- Modify and create new program with Fanuc controls on automated equipment
Certifications may be altered as conditions/location requires.
- May be certified in a second discipline listed above as required by supervisor
- Position requires incumbent be willing, as required by team and production needs to adjust their shift schedule.
- Conveys ideas and concepts clearly and convincingly both orally and in writing. Demonstrates the ability to identify customer needs and relay those needs to the team.
- Ability to make presentations.
This requisition is closed to applications.