Director, Risk Based Audit
At Precision Castparts (PCC), we make extraordinary products for aerospace and other industries. This is made possible by the hard work and creativity of a diverse and global workforce. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusiveness, empowerment and respect that embraces the differences in who we are. Working together, we will continue to solve complex problems every day.
We are relentless in our dedication to being a high-quality and on-time producer, delivering the highest value to our customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
PCC employs more than 20,000 people worldwide in over 120 plants spread across twenty-six states in the US and over a dozen countries.
The Director, Risk Based Audit is responsible for developing and leading risk-based audits and supplier risk assessments to evaluate control deficiencies and to recommend appropriate corrective actions across the whole business environment in an effort to help management better monitor and maintain internal controls, risk management framework, and corporate governance.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Develop and sustain a PCC process and product risk-based audit program across the divisions of PCC and with PCC suppliers. The program shall include development and sustaining policy, risk-based methodology, system, training and demonstrated competency programs and metrics to assure the program is deployed consistently and sustained across the corporation.
- Leverage aerospace regulatory and customer requirements while harmonizing across PCC.
- Lead a group of internal and external process subject matter experts to assess risk and provide a risk abatement program.
- Perform quality control testing and monitor results.
- Partner and lead cross-functional efforts to solve issues and assess existing processes.
- Ensure policies and procedures adhere to corporate standards.
- Support special projects as needed.
- May perform other duties as assigned
- Must possess strong communication skills and professionalism with individuals inside and outside the organization
- Presence and the ability to advise, build trust, and work with all leaders across the business.
- Demonstrated ability to develop, relentlessly execute and deliver results in conformance with action plans.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities and easily adapt to changing situations and priorities.
- Ability to concisely communicate to various levels of the organization for items of priority.
- Highly organized, self-motivated individual who can work independently as well as work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Strong technical and analytic skills
Required Experience and Education
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in aerospace quality/technical positions, and with aerospace customer and regulatory requirements. Experience working with various FAR’s as they relate to product safety (e.g. FAR 145, FAR 21, FAR 33, etc.), and experience in project management (project planning and tracking, risk management, QMS) in the Manufacturing Industry
- Experience leading cross-functional teams in a large organization.
- Certified Design for Six Sigma, Six Sigma Black Belt preferred
- Demonstrated experience applying quality methods and problem-solving tools (8D, Six Sigma, FMEA, DRBFM, 5 Why's, Ishikawa)
- Knowledge of Minitab or other statistical software
- Ability to travel 50% to PCC facilities
This requisition is closed to applications.