Finance Summer Intern- SSBO (Portland, OR)
With more than 120 operations and approximately 20,000 employees worldwide, Precision Castparts Corp. is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, forged components, aerostructures and highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace applications. In addition, we are the leading producer of airfoil castings for the industrial gas turbine market. We also manufacture extruded seamless pipe, fittings, and forgings for power generation and oil & gas applications; commercial and military airframe aerostructures; and metal alloys and other materials for the casting and forging industries. With such critical applications, we insist on quality and dependability – not just in the materials and products we make, but in the people we recruit.
PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
In 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by Chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffett, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, ability and/or competency needed for successful performance in the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Internship runs June-September
The student will:
- Comply with PCC Code of Conduct Requirements and all PCC Cardinal Rules (e.g. Quality and Safety).
- Work safely under functional safety guidelines such as PPE and equipment interaction.
- All functions, duties or tasks are to be carried out in an honest, ethical and professional manner, and to be performed in conformance with applicable Company policies and procedures.
- In the event of uncertainty or lack of knowledge of Company policies and procedures, employees are required to request clarification or explanations from superiors or authorized company representatives.
- Assist Accounts Payables & Accounts Receivables,
- Fixed Asset accounting,
- Financial Planning & Analysis,
- Daily/weekly reporting tasks,
- Support month-end / Quarter-end activities,
- Identify / support process improvements,
- Ad-Hoc projects,
- Other projects/duties as needed.
- Minimum sophomore standing at an accredited 4-year university.
- Must have 3.0+ GPA, transcripts will be requested during selection process.
- Must be working towards bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or similar may be considered
- A strong technical aptitude along with the ability to work independently, yet interact closely with other departments, customers, and vendors
- Must have strong cross functional team skills and effective verbal/written communication skills, as well as mathematical, analytical, problem solving and organizations skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel and Word); Oracle a plus.
- Position will be flexible to work around breaks, weekly school schedule, etc.
This requisition is closed to applications.