Foundry Technician - Mentor, OH
Precision Castparts Corp. (PCC) is a leading worldwide, diversified manufacturer of complex metal components and products. It serves the aerospace, power, and general industrial markets. PCC is the market leader in manufacturing large, complex structural investment castings, airfoil castings, and forged components used in jet aircraft engines and industrial gas turbines. The Company is also a leading producer of highly engineered, critical fasteners for aerospace and other general industrial markets, manufactures extruded seamless pipe, fittings, forgings, and clad products for power generation and oil & gas applications, and supplies metal alloys and other materials to the casting and forging industries. PCC is a high quality business with dominant positions in most segments of the markets in which it serves.
Headquartered in Portland, Oregon, this over 10 billion dollar company employs more than 29,500 people worldwide. PCC has over 160 plants and has a presence in twenty-six states in the US and in over a dozen countries. PCC is relentless in its dedication to being a high-quality, low-cost and on-time producer; delivering the highest value to its customers and shareholders while continually pursuing strategic, profitable growth.
Effective early February 2016, Berkshire Hathaway, led by chairman and CEO Warren E. Buffet, acquired Precision Castparts Corp.
At PCC Mentor, we believe that access to reliable power and freedom of travel are essential rights for all. How we support our belief is by manufacturing highly complex investment castings utilizing proprietary technology for use in industrial gas turbine and aerospace engines. Our highly skilled team members make our vision a reality.
We have a long history of changing the world and meeting the needs of our customers which is highlighted by our ten-fold growth since 1998. A large multi-million dollar expansion project was completed in 2008 to enable the Mentor plant to meet customer demands. Due to this expansion the Mentor Operation now consists of two manufacturing locations, Mentor and Renaissance Parkway (Painesville).
As the world’s need for power and aerospace technology continues to grow, so does our need for team members that believe in our vision. If you are looking for an opportunity to help power the world, a career at PCC Mentor may be right for you.
- Catalog all equipment downtime and post results in Foundry on a daily basis
- Assist training new operators and helpers
- Purchase miscellaneous supplies as needed
- Assist the foundry Engineer in performing tests and experiments with new equipment and materials
- Perform basic maintenance on furnaces (slide valve cleaning, changing of chill plates, etc.)
- Process paperwork (shippers, changes to SOP’s, Achieve Log Limits, etc.)
- Conduct audits of operator and setup procedures to insure that SOP’s/EP’s are being correctly followed
- On an occasional basis, perform setups and/or operate a furnace
- Conduct a daily inventory of molds and alloy
- Research the status of various molds using Lot Control
- Perform other duties as requested
A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, and my be substituted by experience.
Working knowledge and experience with vacuum furnace operation.
Previously experience in the castings industry is highly preferred.
This requisition is closed to applications.